TAAE Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
During this critical time in our nation, your safety and well being are of the utmost importance to us. We hope each of you are following the state and local guidelines to reduce the spread of the coronavirus also identified as COVID-19. The 21st Annual TAAE Conference is still scheduled for February 3-5, 2021, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Austin, TX. If there are any changes to this information, we will notify all TAAE members, presenters, or exhibitors on our website and via our email blasts.
We will continue to monitor the news and we will make plans accordingly. Some of the factors that could cause our conference to be cancelled, postponed, or changed to a virtual conference this coming year could be ANY of the following:
- School districts limiting travel for staff
- School staff voluntarily deciding not to attend any conference or event
- Future outbreaks in host cities that raise the level of risk to exposure
- The cancelation of all conferences or large gatherings by a high ranking official
- Decisions made by local municipalities to cancel large gatherings
- An extended or reissuance of a Shelter-in-place order in Austin, TX or Travis County
- Final Executive Board meeting July 13, 2020 to set conference plans.
We will keep you posted on any changes to our current plan which is to move forward with the 21st Annual Conference. Our executive board has planned a virtual meeting on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 9 AM. Should you receive information from your school district that will assist us in our planning, please let us know. Email your questions, concerns, or input to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Stan Reed, Executive Director of TAAE